Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Now you're free from my love, do what you want to do.

Spring break was amazing! Got so much stuff done and got a chance to relax and have a good time with friends and family. Full blast on the skating training and adding running to my daily routine. I ran for 20 minutes on the treadmill with an incline. It was definitely invigorating. Getting my cardio up is a must and being active is always a good beauty secret. Flowers are my favorite part about spring and Easter Lilies are one of my favorite flowers. So clean, pure, and fresh.

Q&A!!!

Christina G asks:

Do you have any tips/remedies for dry skin? Mine has been breaking out in dry spots and it's been awful. Nothing has worked so far. :/ Mucho amor! :)

My Answer: There are a few remedies you could use for dry skin!
Every night before med, massage almond or olive oil into your face. If your skin does not take well to oil, get a ripe banana and mash it. Put it on your face for about 5 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water. NOT warm water. Hot/warm water will dry your skin out even more. Finish with a moisturizer especially for dry skin like Eucerin Extra Protective Lotion.


The gorgeous weather in Texas has been put on hold recently. The clouds have taken over and rain is a constant presence this week. I had a bad spoon of luck on Tuesday getting my stuff to the car. It was quite unfortunate and I ended up drenched. It was something Angela and I were able to laugh about though! I wish my zebra umbrella would have gotten another chance to be used, but I left it at home. The end result: Angela and I were completely drenched. The rain is really relaxing though.


HAIR TIPS!!!

Something good did come out of getting drenched. I learned a new way to add texture and lift to hair while air-drying it and saving time. This is a good for when you get wet on your way to your car and are headed somewhere a little whiles away. Putting your hair up in a really messy bun at the top of your head will add lift. Try to twist your hair and tuck it under before putting the hair tie over it to give your hair different kinks for a nice texture! Upon letting your hair down, you can take a little bit of any hair serum to smooth away flyaways, but don't go overboard! Too much will make your hair appear oily or greasy. I just spun my hair up for Psychology class and let it sit like that until the end. Any ol hair serum will work, but I recommend Chi Silk Infusion!

BEAUTY! beauty. BEAUTY TIPS!

Since I left my makeup bag at home today unfortunately, I had to borrow Brooke's makeup upon finding out I had to go somewhere important later. I found something I really loved! The protegee is learning well!

Urban Decay EyeShadow in Maui Wowie
A beautiful shade that works well on all complexions. It's gold with a bit of glitter, but it comes out a bit green too. It's a great shade for under the crease and the inner corners of your eyes. This gave my eyes a lot of "pop" but looked natural and not too "pageant-queen" like.


Since I borrowed Brooke's makeup today, I decided to interview her as well.

INTERVIEW!!!
KK: What’s in your purse?
Brooke: Makeup bag, hand sanitizer, Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue, Dove deodorant, and a hair tie. I just dump everything in, it’s pretty much a hobo bag from American Eagle and holds all of my stuff.


KK: Who is your current style icon?
Brooke: Hmm…Jasalene Gonzalez from ANTM because she’s freaking gorgeous and she looks amazing in anything that she wears. She rocks it on the runway and takes the fiercest pictures.


KK: What’s your favorite drink?
Brooke: A Carmel frap from Starbucks. I’m actually drinking it right now. You actually showed me that drink and I’ve started liking it ever since.


KK: How do you feel about the rain right now?
Brooke: I love it. The rain is awesome because it’s so calming and reminds me of Washington, which is where I’m from.


KK: What’s your worst physical appearance fear?
Brooke: Getting fat! Hahah. Looking fat and basically having lots of it.


KK: What’s your worst fear period?
Brooke: Basically something like looking out a window, seeing an eye, and then realize that someone’s trying to break in. That’d be pretty freaky.


KK: hahaha! that's funny! But it could be so scary! Who inspires you?
Brooke: Hmm. I don’t know, other than you, I don’t know what to say. There isn’t really anyone.


KK: That’s flattering! What do you think of the current trends?
Brooke: I think it’s really cool. I love it. The only thing is that some of the vibrant colors can make you look really juvenile or younger, you know?


KK: What’s playing on your MP3 Player right now?
Brooke: Muse, Escape The Fate, Three Days Grace…there’s more, but whatever. Hahah.


KK: Do you have an amazing closing statement for me?
Brooke: I have to think about this one…oh crap hahah. Fashion for me is basically my life. I think about it 24/7and I never get tired of it and I want my future to be in it because it’s all I dream about.


KK: Any advice for my readers?
Brooke: Horizontal stripes make you look WIDER! Don’t do it!

MUSIC SUGGESTIONS!!!

One artist I really enjoy listening to right now is Joseph Veazie. What beautiful acoustic songs he has. I came across him a long, long time ago on MySpace when I was profile hopping and little did I know I had found a new favorite! He is an amazing artist. If you live in the DFW area, you should come watch him perform at Ignition 09 at The Max in Dallas (well, it's actually Farmers Branch lol) on April 4. I'm pretty sure I'll be going. Joey's lyrics are wonderful and really easy to relate to. "Free" is my current favorite and provides the title for my blog entry. Other good songs are: "Someone To Love", "Shoreline", "Time Travel's Useless", and "Last Call." Be sure to check out his MySpace page!
http://www.myspace.com/JosephVeazie
He doesn't have a lot of songs up right now because he's in the process of re-recording and I think he got tired of hearing bad versions of his songs hahah. Don't forget to check out my Top 5 songs for this week!



Who Saw Gossip Girl on Monday?

I just loved it! Chuck and Blair just need to get it together, but we all know Nate and Blair are going to be a thing for a little while, unfortunately. One of my favorite parts of the episode was when Chuck pulled back from Blair and said, "No, I can't. This isn't the Blair I want." I felt like the real man in him emerged. Ahh I love Chuck!


Since the weather is getting cold again, I'm pulling my leather jacket back out. I'm going back to my 80s band t shirts and aviators. It's too cold outside for spring time dresses hahah. Or my amazing shorts. Taylor Momsen is my style icon of the week :]

2 comments:

ticklexmexemoh said...

glad youre having an awesome spring break, and thanks lots for the tips [; i have eckzma which is like SUPER dry skin,and i found my face has been SUPER dry and nasty lately, so this really helped :D

i love the picture, where do you get all these amazing pictures kim ?! seriously.

thanks for the hair tips :D and yeah, i REALLY want a chi iron, i got to try one at those sample booths in the mall, and it was freaking AMAZING ! some random lady just pulled me over, and was all , oh its okay, its okay, it sfree, and she like FORCED me into the seat and halfway through curling my hair, she went to wait on anoher customer. and this other guy came and was all "hey, do you need any help?" and i was like NO ! and i ran away with my hair half curled, hafl straight. people stared.

i have to learn how to say no. ;[ im really really really bad at talking to strangers O: i have this fear of talking to waitresses/clerks/store employees/etc. :/ ANYWAYS ENOUGH ABOUT ME ! lmao sorry.

that shadow looks amazing :D do you have it on in your picture with brooke ?

interesting interview, and i'll keep an eye out for those singers ! and i saw gossip girl, but idk if it was the new one because i don't remember that part :/ or maybe it was because my tv kept skipping around due to bad signal :/

oh i talk too much
AWESOME BLOG,
im looking forward to more :D

Aly. said...

"Whats in your purse?"

Nice interview questions...

:)