Friday, January 16, 2009

when I grow up I wanna be famous.

As a dedicated Urban Decay Primer Potion fan, when Sephora Beauty Insiders got a chance to purchase the second version in the color, Sin, I immediately jumped on the bandwagon. All in all, it's exactly the same as the original UDPP, same packaging, and almost same price, just $1 more and is tinted. So instead of coming out in a sheer beigey color, this comes out in a bronze metallic shade. This is great if you wear frosts, metallics, or eyeshadows with glitters. Or, if you want to wear it bare as a shadow, that would work as well. Personally, I am just going to stick with the original since I wear more mattes, if I even wear eyeshadow in the first place. If you don't like UD, you can use Too Faced Shadow Insurance, which retails for $17, the same price as UD PP Sin. You always have to use a primer before putting on eyeshadow because it really does add to the life of your eye shadow, significantly reduces creasing, and makes the color pop more.

Right now I'm sipping my avocado smoothie, listening to music, and checking my email. I guess I can never stop multi-tasking! The song I am utterly addicted to at the moment is, "I'm Not Over" by Carolina Liar. It describes almost exactly how I feel. There is also an amazing cover done by Gina Rae on YouTube. I really hope Gina does more recordings, I adore her voice.


Has anyone seen the video of Taylor Momsen dodging the paparazzi? In my opinion, I think it's pretty wicked. It's mostly a staged, rehearsed, double stunt clip for a Nike ad or something. I highly doubt it's actually Taylor. If it is, again, my previous comment. In case you have yet to see it, here is the clip:



My hair appointment went great! I love my hairstylist, Allison. She is wonderful.
I have to admit, she is one of the most beautiful people I have ever seen. She should be posing in front of cameras instead of doing hair! My shoot with Angel was AMAZING. A six hour shoot, two locations, multiple outfit changes and lots of music brought us the end result of 10 gigs worth of fabulous shots. Angela and I had great fun and the Starbucks we bought mid-shoot definitely helped us keep our energy up. After the shoot, Angela and I headed over to her boy's house for a short movie and cookies.


I was feeling pretty inspirational and creative the other day and I wrote this short little quote:
"The story of our life isn't about our success. It's about rising up after we crash to the ground, no matter how frequent that may be. It's about not giving up when we no longer have the will to try. It's about perseverance. Life only becomes magical when you cross the line that draws where the impossible begins. Dream. Hope. Believe. Do. Fight. Survive.
Only then will you rise victorious."

What is everyone doing this weekend? Monday is Martin Luther King Day. This is the first time I haven't entered the Martin Luther King Parade in three years, but I will be there to watch. Please remember to take time to reflect and reminisce on what the dream Dr. King wanted to come true and how far this country has come...but also how much further we could go.

Lastly, ending this entry with a few frames from the shoot. More to come later!

1 comment:

ticklexmexemoh said...

ooh the famous udpp haha, ive heard lots of great suff about it, the too-faced too :P however i don't really wear eyeshadow--actually none, so they're pretty much useless to me :'D

oh and i was just wondering, what's the difference between matte shadows, and uh, non-matte eyeshadows ? haha, im so clueless D:

that video is pretty insane, hahahh ! those videos are so amazing, and my favorite one is the one with the railroad tracks, gorgeous :'D i love the lighting and everything. you&angela are both so cute, haha, and amazing quote :] mind if i use it ? (creds to you of course)