Sunday, March 1, 2009

deliver me, loving and caring. deliver me, giving and sharing.

It's been a long while since I've last updated! I've been incredibly busy since my return from Denver, Colorado. My trip went really well! I love Denver. The different atmosphere was great and so was the cool air. A fresh patch of snow fell the night before I arrived. One of my favorite things to do is write in snow or sand. :]


BEAUTY REVIEW!
I also finally got my hands on MAC's Hello Kitty cosmetics.
I LOVE THEM. Below is my review:
  • I got the Beauty Blush in Fun & Games (on the left in the picture below) and I have to admit, at first I didn't think that it would work that well on me, but I was wrong. This blush is AMAZING. The color is absolutely beautiful and so easy to blend. I just use an angled blush brush from sephora and pack it on. It looks wonderful. Sheer and natural, but with enough pop.
  • Next, I got two Lip Glasses: Fast Friends and Sweet Strawberry (far left & far right). Fast Friend is a GREAT color for every day believe it or not. It goes on with just the right amount of punky purple, and sheer enough to be used over any lipstick. Sweet Strawberry is more pigmented and is a semi dark, strawberry/cranberry color that looks great for a more glamorous look. However, it can still be worn with just jeans and a white t shirt and look natural.
  • I got the Pink Fish Lip Conditioner as well. It is all the rave! I actually use a retractable lip brush to apply it because I'm very anal about putting my finger in the actual pot and spreading bacteria. The color is very pink/barbie like, but I love it. The conditioner is very moisturizing and works very well. I actually find myself putting this on under all of my lip glosses as a type of base and color prep.
  • I also got one of the Lipsticks in Cute-Ster (middle shade). I'm not so much in love with this. It was originally a gift for my Mom since she prefers bright pink/coral colors. This is a very bright pink. It resembles something Barbie would wear I think. However, if paired with a more neutral lip gloss over it, Cute-Ster can look quite natural.
  • Finally, I got the Tahitian Sand Beauty Powder as a gift. Hello Kitty's face is imprinted in this! So cute! I love using this under my eyes and dusting it over my nose and forehead. Beauty powder is just to conceal all of your flaws and make your face look more beautiful. Just swipe it wherever you want. This also works well on your eyes as a shadow too. I use it as a highlight and in the corners of my eyes. The MAC 217 brush works great for this!
  • And!!! While I was in Denver, I tried to purchase the brush set, but they were sold out. They only had the empty brush holder. However, the MAC artist there was nice enough to give me the brush holder free of charge! She made my day! Here is a picture of everything I got, minus the lipstick, which my Mom has in her makeup bag.

I finished reading Diary before my trip just like I had anticipated. This story was great. It follows an artist, named Misty Wilmot and it is one of the few books where Chuck Palahniuk writes in a female voice. It takes place in a quaint tourist hotspot named Waytansea Island, where she lives after marrying, Peter, her love from art school. It is easily seen as one of Palahniuk's novel because the weird events happen right off the bat. There is no time to sugarcoat things. It goes from one intrigue to the next rapidly, which always leaves you wanting more. The end of the novel took me a bit by surprise, yet it was somewhat predictable. All in all, Diary is another great Palahniuk read.



I'm currently working on Haunted and I'm more than halfway through. Everyone who read this book told me it made them want to throw up, but so far, my stomach has yet to churn in any odd way out of its normal routine. I guess I can take gross and vulgarness better than I thought? I'm not too sure yet. I'll make sure to have a review upon finishing. I'm almost through with all of Palahniuk's books. Started reading a long time ago, then forgot to buy the new books, I'm now a devoted fan.

Sarah Brightman has always been one of my favorite musical artists of all time. Her voice is astounding. I can't find enough positive adjectives to use to describe her. Lately, I find myself relapsing into the addiction of her songs. I own the DIVA Collection DVD and I spent my Friday night watching it from head to toe. She isn't just an opera/soprano singer. She is so much more. She branches out and crosses so many lines. I recently saw her on her latest tour, The Symphony World Tour back in November and she was absolutely captivating. The show was beyond remarkable. The stage, the effects, and costumes, the dancers, and of course the music was absolutely spectacular. I highly suggest going to one of her shows. You won't regret it. My top favorite Sarah Brightman songs are:
  1. "Anytime, Anywhere" off the album, Eden.
  2. "Deliver Me" (the title of this entry are lyrics from this song) off the album, Eden.
  3. "Let It Rain" off the album, Symphony.
  4. "Here With Me" (A Dido cover, actually) off the album, La Luna.
  5. "Only An Ocean Away" off the album, Eden.
  6. "Time To Say Goodbye" off the Sarah Brightman classics album.

BIG BEAUTY NEWS!
Smashbox is coming out with a lid primer! I can't wait to try this out. I had to purchase a few things online from Sephora, so I was able to get it. I'll do a review once I've had a couple days to try it out. Right now, the only way to purchase it is with a code from being a beauty insider and buying $25 worth of items on Sephora.com. The primer is free though, so it's a good bargain. Here's the picture straight out of my email LOL.


I have a very exciting and busy week coming up! Possibly a photoshoot this weekend... I'm not too sure yet. I feel like I'm headed in a great direction and I feel much stronger and more independent! I can't wait for the year to move on. Speaking of the year, my birthday is in four weeks :]

I noticed my music as of late has been really odd and all over the place. Here's what I'm listening to in the car, at the ice rink, and when I'm working out.

Top 5 Songs for 3/1/2009 - 3/7/2009
1. "Grapevine Fires" by Death Cab For Cutie
2. "Stronger" by Britney Spears
3. "Nobody's Fool" by Cinderella
4. "Smile Like You Mean It" by The Killers
5. "Fall From A Star" by Kill Paradise

1 comment:

ticklexmexemoh said...

LOVE THS NOW ! <3

ive heard tons and tons about the hello kitty mac, and some videos about it, and some of the products you bought are VERY popular, so i gotta congratuate you on your awesome taste :D

chuck Palahniuk, ive heard so many people, especially you, rant and rave about him, so im deciding next time i go to borders or whatever im definitely buying a book :D my friend hunter recommended one, i forgot what it was called.choke, or something i think ? it was about how this one guy's addicted to sex, and another to masturbation, or something like that ? haha, idr :D

and the photos of sarah are all so beautiful, and awesome songs :D keep writing kimmie, forreal, i LOVE your blogs !