Tuesday, May 12, 2009

we were born to love and not hold back

As my life begins to take on a course, I never thought it would, I have found something that has made me feel as if my heart is soaring. I adore the way life can spin you around in wild directions and you have no choice, but to go with it. I adore how happy the sun can make me. I adore how simple things can bring such joy to my life.

I've become aware that I can no longer update with reviews and tips, since my life has become intensely chaotic and busy. Therefore, I am going to change this blog to a page full of things that inspire me daily. This can double as a type of therapy for me. Open Eyes will now be full of pictures and quotes. Simple, non-complex things have now become something I look forward to every single day.


"Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you."
-Japanese Proverb


"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
-Alan Cohen


"Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live."
-Dorothy Thompson


"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious - the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science."
-Albert Einstein

"There is more in us than we know. If we can be made to see it, perhaps, for the rest of our lives, we will be unwilling to settle for less."
-Kurt Hahn


"Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the known to the unknown."
-George Shinn

Photography from Sasha Nikitin on Flickr

Stay tuned for more to come :]

1 comment:

ticklexmexemoh said...

i really do love these new types of blogs kim:) the pictures always fit the quotes beautifully, and again, amazing taste !

just wondering, where do you get all these quotes from ? tumblr ?

oh and ps i have a surprise for yous oon !