Sunday, May 17, 2009

careful when you operate so close to the heart

At last the sun has broken through the clouds. I awoke this morning to the beautiful pale yellow light streaming into my bedroom. I'm really content with my life right now. I'm happy. I'm at peace. I feel as if I really am going somewhere. I've put together all of my mistakes to form a technique to push through obstacles I might run into down the road.


"If you risk nothing, then you risk everything."
-Geena Davis


"Is the life I'm living, the life that wants to live in me?"
-Parker Palmer

"You must never be fearful about what you are doing, when it is right."
-Rosa Parks

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
-Carl Sagan

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
-Robin Williams

"No pessimists ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit."
-Helen Keller

"If people never did silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done."
-Ludwig Wittgenstein

Last night, I spent time with my family for the first time in quite a while. We watched The Emperor's Club. I must say, this has got to be one of the greatest movies I've seen in a long time. The moral of the story was wonderful...we definitely need more movies like this one. Kevin Kline, Emilie Hirsch, and Patrick Dempsey are in it.
Pictures below:


Photography by Eden~Victoria and sweetsummerbreeze on flickr.

1 comment:

ticklexmexemoh said...

hahaa, i remember reading this a million years ago, why did i comment it just now ?!

i will definitely miss the posts about your day, especially since colin is in the picture now, but this is definitely a nice change of pace :)

i absolutely adore the photos, i just went to the flickr account of the two photographers and spent over an hour looking at the amazing photos they took , haha :) you have great taste and a great eye for photos and quotes, keep updating ! :]